Following the decision of the Adjudicatory Chamber of the FIFA Ethics Committee to sanction former Football Association of Zambia President Mr. Kalusha Bwalya, FIFA has formally notified the Football Association of Zambia as follows:
1. Mr. Bwalya is found guilty of infringement of art. 16 and 20 of the FIFA Code of Ethics
2. Mr. Bwalya is hereby banned from taking part in any kind of football – related activity at national and international level (administrative, sports or any other) for 2 years as of notification of the present decision, in accordance with article 22 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code.
3. Mr. Bwalya shall pay a fine in the amount of CHF 100,000 within 30 days of notification of the present decision.
4. Mr. Bwalya shall pay costs of these proceedings in the amount of CHF 10,000 within 30days of the notification of the present decision.
5. Mr. Bwalya shall bear his own legal and other costs incurred in connection with the present proceedings.
6. The decision is sent to Mr. Bwalya. A copy of the decision is sent to the CAF and to the FAZ.
The proceedings were as a result of two preliminary investigations whose reports were tabled in July 2012 and October 2012 respectively.
NOTE: The formal notification from FIFA was received on August 16, 2018.For and on behalf of:
FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION OF ZAMBIA