According to a media release from the club’s Media and Public Relations Officer Gwen Mulundu Chipasula, Napsa Stars has finalized its squad in readiness for the 2018 FAZ Super Division season.
According to Miss Chipasula the club has acquired the services of three strikers, five midfielders and three defenders.
The new players acquired on permanent transfers include:
• Luka Lungu formerly of Power Dynamos
• Kenyan Salim Dunga from City of Lusaka ,
• Malian Tidiane Kone from Rayon Sports in Rwanda
• Hakim Senkumba from Kampala City Council, Uganda
• Nsiala Mawete Guyve from RC Kinshasa
• Konga- Konga Oma from Racing Club Etoili
• Kasashi Lupiya from Zesco United
• Chiteta Kwalombota and,
• Shawn Odure (both from Real Nakonde)
Stars also have lured midfielder Julius Situmbeko from Zanaco and defender Bernard Mapili from Zesco United on season long deals.
Players who have left the club include:
• Chitiya Mususu and Chitoshi Mukuma (both to Zanaco)
• Solomon Sakala to Zesco United
• Youremeber Banda to Green Buffaloes
• Collins Sikombe to Lusaka Dynamos
The following players have been released following the expiry of their contracts:
• Maunga Kabuku
• Manasseh Soko
• Musonda Mambwe
• Lewis Musonda
• Sydney Kasanda
• Clement Mundia
• Maybin Phiri
• Morgan Phiri
• Martin Tembo
• Fred Musinde
• Lyson Thole
Meanwhile Linos Makwaza is head coach for the technical bench that has Dabwitso Nkhoma, Harry Milanzi and Donewell Yobe as assistants.
Lameck Nyangu is goalkeeper coach.
Meanwhile, Makwaza has expressed happiness with the new players saying competition in the team has been enhanced.