In a dramatic turn of events, striker Conlyde Luchanga has written a letter to Super Division side Lusaka Dynamos informing them that he belongs to another topflight outfit, Maestro United Zambia (MUZA).
The development comes barely a week after the Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) player status and transfer committee ruled that Luchanga is a Dynamos player.
Luchanga had resigned from Dynamos citing failure to pay him salaries and joined Power Dynamos on a three-year deal.
However, the player disappeared from Kitwe and trekked to Egypt to attend trials at El Gouna and the ownership dispute ensued between Power and Dynamos.
But FAZ player status and transfer committee vice-chairman David Simusamba ruled that Luchanga and Mwansa Nsofwa are Dynamos players because they never handed their resignation letters to the club but to Football House.
The duo were fined K10,000 each for breach of contracts. But last Friday, Luchanga, who returned from Egypt on Thursday, wrote a letter to Dynamos indicating that he is not their player.
According to the letter obtained by the Sports Mail in Lusaka, Luchanga indicated that he belongs to MUZA, his childhood club. He said he ceased to be a Dynamos player the time he went to Israel to join Hapoel Ra’anana in 2016.
When contacted, Dynamos manager Francis Bwalya said they are yet to receive a letter from Luchanga.
“I think there was a ruling last week and we want to stand by that. If there is a new development, that is news to us,” Bwalya said.
Luchanga had an unsuccessful professional stint in Israel forcing Ra’anana to release him together with another Zambian striker Roger Kola, who is now featuring for Super Division side Zanaco.